This is a really yummy dish that modified for the college student’s pantry 🙂 A delicious crispy crust around a hot, melt-in-you-mouth tofu slice…mmm! Best of all, it’s vegan 😀
1 lb firm or extra firm non-GMO tofu, drained with water pressed out (I suggest using a cheesecloth if you have one. Drier tofu block = crispier crust)
1 cup panko breadcrumbs OR finely crushed corn flakes
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut the tofu into slices 1/4″ thick.
3) Combine panko (or crushed corn flakes), onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
4) Brush a baking sheet with olive oil
5) Brush the sides and edges of a tofu slice with olive oil. Coat in crumb mixture and place onto baking sheet
6) Repeat until all tofu slices are coated
7) Bake tofu slices for 10 – 15 minutes until they turn a light golden brown color.
8) Turn the slices over and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes
9) Allow the tempting goodness to cool a little (the coating will harden as the tofu blocks cool)
10) Enjoy as is or with your dipping sauce of choice 😀