This is a really yummy raw vegan dessert you don’t have to feel guilty about! It’s full of antioxidants and healthy fats! Super-awesome and full of nourishing kindness!
1 3/4c almonds
3/4 c dates (or dried fruit of choice)
1/4 c maple syrup or agave syrup ( may substitute with honey)
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 c soaked and well-drained cashews (soaked overnight)
1 c cold water (add more based on desired consistency)
1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup (may substitute with honey)
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 c blueberries
Almonds for garnish
1. To make the crust, pulse the almonds in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Slowly add the dried fruit and sweetener and continue to process until the dried fruit is completely incorporated and the mixture is dough-like (about 30 seconds).
2. Press the dough-like mixture into a pie pan
3. To make the filling, pulse the soaked and well-drained cashews, 1 c water, sweetener and vanilla until a smooth pudding-like texture is achieved. Add more water by the 1/2 tbsp if necessary.
4. Fill crust with blueberries
5. Carefully pour filling on top of blueberries.
6. Garnish with almonds
Enjoy immediately, refrigerate overnight for a more solid crust, or freeze ~1hr for an ice creme pie!